How do I enter my Canadian Pension Plan (CPP) or Old Age Security (OAS) benefits?
- Sign into the Turbotax mobile app
- Tap on the orange Take me to my return button.
- Tap the red TurboTax checkmark on the upper left side of the screen.
- Under Federal Taxes, tap Wages & Income.
- Tap Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099).
- Under Did you receive any Social Security benefits? Tap Yes, let's work on Social Security Benefits and swipe right.
- Under Tell Us About the Benefits You Received, tap the box next to Social Security benefits(Form SSA-1099).
- Enter the total Canadian CPP and OAS payments you received during 2015 in Box 5.
- If you already have something in Box 5 from a previously-entered SSA-1099, simply add your CPP/OAS benefits to the amount already there.
- (Uncommon) If taxes were withheld from your payments, enter the total withheld during 2016 in Box 6.
- Swipe right to continue and follow any additional instructions.