TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
5568 people found this useful

How do I purchase PLUS after I've already filed my 2017 return?

To access a 2016 (or earlier) TurboTax return, you'll need to reopen your 2017 return so you can purchase PLUS Help & Tools.

Mobile app users: First, sign out of the mobile app (under App Settings). Then, in your web browser, use your app login to sign in at TurboTax.com so you can follow these instructions.

1. In TurboTax, select Add a State (we're not really adding one; it's just a backdoor way to get back into your filed return).
  2. After the blue Simple and accurate screen loads, select Upgrade on the left (if you don't see this, click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner to open the menu).
  3. In the new window, select PLUS Help & Tools, then select Upgrade Now (if PLUS is grayed-out, skip this step).
  4. Now you're ready to pay. On the left side, select File.
  5. Keep going until you reach the Just a few steps left... screen. On this screen, select Start next to Step 1: Review your order and follow the screens to pay with your credit card.
  6. After you've paid, select Tax Home on the left side. This will take you to You're doing great. Keep going!
  7. Select Show to expand the prior-year list and then select Download/print return (PDF) for the tax year you want.

GEN88430