How do I access my prior year (2015) return?
To quickly access your prior year return:
- Sign in to TurboTax. This will bring you to your Tax Timeline screen.
(If you already have your tax return open, click Tax Timeline in the upper left to get to your Tax Timeline.)
- On the line, Looking for prior year returns? click Load My Tax Timeline.
- Click on the year of the tax return you want to access, and then select Download/print return (PDF) or Download .tax file.
If you can’t access your return – You will see a message that explains what action you need to take. Click Follow these instructions and follow the steps to gain access.
If you’re only looking to print or access a PDF version of a prior year return that you completed using TurboTax Software (CD/Download), and you saved a PDF version of that return when you originally completed the return, you can search for the PDF on your computer, thumb drive, etc.
To access a prior year return for a different reason (that is, access the full *.tax file - not a PDF, which is an image of your return), you’ll need the TurboTax software (CD/Download) from the year you completed the return. If you don’t have the original CD or download:
- If you originally purchased a CD, you can get a replacement CD (2016, 2015, 2014 or 2013 only).
- If you originally downloaded the TurboTax Software, you can re-download the software (2016, 2015, 2014 or 2013 only).
- Click the File menu in the upper left.
- Now select Print or Save to PDF, depending on what you want to do. There are other options in the File menu as well.