How do I get PLUS in TurboTax Online if I haven't started a 2018 return yet?
To access a 2017 (or earlier) return you filed with TurboTax, you'll need to purchase PLUS Help & Tools. This 3-step process entails:
- Starting a 2018 Free Edition return (even if you don't plan to file this year).
- Selecting the PLUS upgrade.
- Paying for PLUS.
- After signing in, select File for $0 (under Free Edition).
- Keep going through the screens until you get to the Great job so far... screen where you'll be given the option to Get PLUS.
- After selecting PLUS, go to File in the left-hand menu.
- At the Just a few steps left... screen (you may have to select Continue before getting here), select Start next to Step 1.
- On the next screen, select View payment options and follow the instructions to pay for PLUS.
After you've paid, select Tax Home in the left-hand menu. Then select Show next to Your tax returns & documents to get the option to Download/print return (PDF) for the tax year you want.