TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
3 people found this useful

Capital Loss Carryover AMT adjustment

If you entered capital loss carryover prior to 11/18/16 and indicated you needed help figuring out your capital loss carryovers, you may need to revisit this interview area to enter Alternative Minimum Taxable Income information.


Please use the following steps to re-visit this interview area:

  1. Select the “Federal Taxes” tab, or “Personal”tab  if using H&B
  2. Select “Wages & Income” or “Personal Income” if using H&B
  3. Select  “I’ll choose what I work on”
  4. Scroll down to the “Investment Income” section.
  5. Select “Capital Loss Carryover”
  6. Select either Start or Update
  7. Select “Yes” you have investment losses you couldn't claim in 2015
  8. Select “No” I need help figuring out my capital loss carryover amounts
  9. Continue to “We need one last item from your 2015 6251, you used for AMT” screen
  10. Enter the missing information.