What do I use for my AGI if I filed late, amended, or got a notice changing my return?
Use your original adjusted gross income (AGI) from last year if you:
- Filed late (in this case, you can also try to enter zero when you e-file)
- Got a notice about changing your return
In all cases above, always use the amount from the return you filed first (the original), not an amended one.
- What if I entered the correct AGI and Im still getting an e-file reject?
- Can I file a 2018 return if I havent filed my 2017 return yet?
- What if I e-filed before April 15, but my return got rejected after the deadline?
- Do I need to amend?
- Whats last years AGI if we filed jointly in 2017 but are using Married Filing Separately in 2018?