TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
92 people found this useful

What do I use for my AGI if I filed late, amended, or got a notice changing my return?

Use your original adjusted gross income (AGI) from last year if you:

  • Filed late (in this case, you can also try to enter zero when you e-file)
  • Amended
  • Got a notice about changing your return

In all cases above, always use the amount from the return you filed first (the original), not an amended one.