TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
85 people found this useful

How do I get my AGI if I don't have a prior year tax return?

(If you can’t get a hold of your prior year return/AGI to e-file, don’t worry. You can always print and mail your return instead.)

If you don’t have a prior year return, you have a few options.

You can:

  • Order an online transcript of your return on the IRS Transcript site
  • Order a printed transcript of your return on the IRS Transcript site that will be sent to you by mail to the last address on your last return. (If you’ve moved, file an 8822 to update your address which takes 4-6 weeks)
  • Call the IRS on 800-829-1040 or make an appointment at a local IRS office.
  • Print your return and send it in by mail if you’re still having trouble getting your adjusted gross income (AGI) from last year.

Note: If you didn’t file last year and you’re in TurboTax, just tell us that when we ask you. If you’ve already entered a number for your AGI, manually enter 0 instead.

You can find more information on AGI and other useful tips under Related Information below.