Errors 1406 - Cannot Write The Value To Key
Error 1406 occurs when installing or updating TurboTax:
Could not write value value to key key
This error may be followed by a 65535 error.
- You're not logged in as an administrator.
- An anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, desktop search or backup program is interfering with Windows Installer.
- A registry section or file is in use or locked by the system or a running program.
- You don't have enough free space on your hard disk(s).
- Registry key permissions are set incorrectly.
- The Windows Installer component is not installed correctly.
Please try each of the following potential solutions:
- Verify that you are logged in as an administrator
- Exit any other running programs and temporarily disable your virus-protection software.
- Clean up your hard drive