How do I change the sales tax or tax rate I entered?
Here’s how to update your sales tax info:
- Open (continue) your return and search for where do I enter sales tax (use this exact phrase)
- Click the “Jump to” link in the search results
- On the Let’s Compare screen, select Try Sales Tax or Continue (which one you see depends on your scenario)
- When asked how you want to enter your sales tax info, if you entered your info with:
- EasyGuide, go back there. On the next screen, you’ll see your tax location(s) listed. Click Edit, and go through the screens again to update your info.
- Enter All My Receipts, go back there. On the next screen, you’ll be able to edit the sales tax you entered.
If you can’t reach your sales tax info through the “Jump to” link, go to Deductions & Credits and choose what you work on. Then go to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid. You’ll see Sales Tax in that list of topics.