TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

2015 Federal: 1099-R with Code B

Certain taxpayers who received multiple Form 1099-Rs with at least one of them showing a rollover into a Roth IRA may need to amend their federal tax return.
This is because TurboTax indicated that the rollover was not taxable, when it may be taxable.

TurboTax has fixed this issue. 

How to tell if you may be impacted:

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your federal tax return prior to March 4, 2016 AND
  • You had more than one Form 1099-R AND
  • One of the Form 1099-Rs had a Code B in box 7 AND
  • You had a rollover or conversion to a Roth IRA.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your federal tax.  You may need to amend your federal tax return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.  
  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about 2 015 Federal: 1099-R with Code B