2015 Massachusetts: Dependent Care Deduction
Massachusetts allows a state tax deduction for dependent care expenses.
Certain taxpayers who had dependent care expenses AND were part-year residents of Massachusetts may not have received as much of the credit as they were entitled.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted:
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Massachusetts state tax return between March 10, 2016 and March 30, 2016 AND
- You filed a part-year resident Massachusetts state tax return AND
- You had dependent care expenses AND
- You paid taxes to Massachusetts
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Massachusetts state return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about 2015 Massachusetts: Dependent Care Expenses.