2015 Michigan: Other State Tax Credit
Michigan allows a state tax credit when taxes are paid to another state on the same income.
Certain taxpayers who paid state taxes to Michigan and another state may have received a greater “other state tax credit” than entitled.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted:
- You filed your Michigan state tax return prior to June 30, 2016 AND
- You paid taxes to a state you did not live in AND
- You paid taxes to Michigan AND
- You had an amount on Form MI-1040 Line 18b
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state tax return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.