2015 Mississippi: Nonresident Allocations
Mississippi non-residents are required to prorate certain adjustments based on a proration of Mississippi only income to total income from all sources.
How to tell if you may be impacted:
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Mississippi state tax return prior to July 14, 2016 AND
- You are a non-resident of Mississippi AND
- You had any of the following adjustments on your Mississippi main Form 80-205, Column A (Total Income from All Sources):
- Line 49, Payments to IRA
- Line 50, Payments to SEP, Simple and Qualified Retirement plans
- Line 52, Alimony paid
- Line 53, Moving expenses
- Line 57, Self Employed Health Insurance deduction
- Line 58, HSA deduction
- Line 59, Catastrophe Savings Account deduction
- You did not have an amount on that corresponding line in Column B (Mississippi Income Only)
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.