TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1 person found this useful

2015 Ohio: Medical Reimbursements

There was an issue in TurboTax that could affect your 2015 Ohio state tax return.

The calculations relating to deducting certain medical expenses were incorrect.  We updated these calculations and want to help to make sure your return is complete and accurate. 

Because of this error, certain taxpayers make have filed an incorrect Ohio return. We apologize for this error and the inconvenience it may cause you.

Ohio allows a deduction for medical expenses, health insurance premiums and long-term care premiums paid in 2015, reduced by any reimbursements.  Your deduction may not have been reduced by any reimbursement. 

If you have any questions or need any assistance in amending your Ohio return, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax. Tell the representative that you’re calling about 2015 Ohio: Medical Reimbursements.

Do I need to amend my Ohio return?

You will need to amend your Ohio return if all of the following apply to you:
  • You filed your Ohio state tax return prior to March 3, 2016 AND
  • You entered medical expenses, health insurance premiums and/or long-term care premiums on your federal return AND
  • You also entered any reimbursements for those expenses.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Ohio state return.

How do I amend my Ohio return?

• Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need help in amending your return, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2015 Ohio: Medical Reimbursements. 

SLN97802