2015 Ohio: Rents and Royalties
There was an issue in TurboTax that could affect your 2015 Ohio state tax return.
If you have any questions or need any assistance in amending your Ohio return, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax. Tell the representative you’re calling about 2015 Ohio: Rents and Royalties.
Do I need to amend my Ohio return?
You will need to amend your Ohio state tax return if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed a part-year or nonresident Ohio state tax return prior to May 19, 2016 AND
- Your Ohio Form IT NRC includes nonbusiness income or loss from rental or royalty activity on Line 8 AND
- The Non-Ohio portion on Line 8 shows a zero and should be a loss.
How do I amend my Ohio return?
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.