TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

2015 Ohio: Rents and Royalties

There was an issue in TurboTax that could affect your 2015 Ohio state tax return. 

Some of the calculations relating to rental and/or royalty income or losses were incorrect. We updated these calculations and want to help to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
Because of this error, certain taxpayers may have filed an incorrect Ohio return. We apologize for this error and the inconvenience it may cause you.
Ohio part-year and nonresident returns will show income or losses from rents and/or royalties as allocated between any Ohio portions and non-Ohio portions on Ohio Form IT NRC.  The amount of rents and/or royalties may be allocated incorrectly for the non-Ohio portion .  

If you have any questions or need any assistance in amending your Ohio return, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax. Tell the representative you’re calling about 2015 Ohio: Rents and Royalties. 


Do I need to amend my Ohio return?

You will need to amend your Ohio state tax return if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed a part-year or nonresident Ohio state tax return prior to May 19, 2016 AND
  • Your Ohio Form IT NRC includes nonbusiness income or loss from rental or royalty activity on Line 8 AND
  • The Non-Ohio portion on Line 8 shows a zero and should be a loss.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax and will need to amend your Ohio state return.

How do I amend my Ohio return?

  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
  •  Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need help in amending your return, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2015 Ohio: Rents and Royalties