2015 Indiana: Local Tax Credit
Indiana allows a credit for local income taxes paid to another city, county or town, or local government entity outside of Indiana.
Certain taxpayers, who paid a local income tax outside of the county they lived in, may have filed an incorrect Indiana tax return.
How to tell if you may be impacted:
- You filed your Indiana tax return prior to February 11, 2016 AND
- Your spouse paid taxes in a county they didn’t live in AND
- There is no amount on Indiana Schedule 6, Line 1.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.