TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

2015 Arkansas: Self Employed Health Care Premiums

Arkansas allows an adjustment (reduction of income) for all self-employed health insurance premiums.

Certain Arkansas customers, who were self-employed and paid premiums through the healthcare exchange reported on a Form 1095-A, may have filed an incorrect state tax return.

TurboTax has fixed this issue.

How to tell if you may be impacted:

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Arkansas state tax return prior to March 10, 2016 AND
  • You were self-employed (Schedule C) AND
  • You paid premiums to a healthcare exchange AND
  • You received a Form 1095-A that included those premiums AND
  • Those premiums were not included on your Arkansas Form AR1000ADJ, Line 9, Self-employed health insurance deduction.

If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax.  You may need to amend your 2015 Arkansas return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.  
  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2015 Arkansas: Self-Employed Health Care Premiums.