2015 Arkansas: Self Employed Health Care Premiums
Arkansas allows an adjustment (reduction of income) for all self-employed health insurance premiums.
Certain Arkansas customers, who were self-employed and paid premiums through the healthcare exchange reported on a Form 1095-A, may have filed an incorrect state tax return.
How to tell if you may be impacted:
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Arkansas state tax return prior to March 10, 2016 AND
- You were self-employed (Schedule C) AND
- You paid premiums to a healthcare exchange AND
- You received a Form 1095-A that included those premiums AND
- Those premiums were not included on your Arkansas Form AR1000ADJ, Line 9, Self-employed health insurance deduction.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.