2014 Idaho: Health Insurance Premiums
Idaho allows a deduction for all health insurance premiums even if the taxpayer doesn’t itemize their medical deductions on their federal Schedule A.
Certain Idaho customers, who paid premiums to a health insurance marketplace, may have filed an incorrect state tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed a 2014 Idaho state tax return AND
- You paid premiums to your health insurance marketplace AND
- You received a 1095-A showing the premiums AND
- That amount is not included on Idaho Form 39R/39NR (Supplemental Schedule), Line 18, Health Insurance Premiums.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Idaho return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Idaho: Health Insurance Premiums.