Where do I enter my job search expenses?
First, add up all your job-search expenses to come up with an amount. Then, follow these instructions:
- Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
- Inside your program, search for job search expenses and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Enter your occupation, click Continue, and keep going until you get to the Job-Related Expenses screen, pictured below. (It's right after the Any Other Expenses? screen.)
- If you land on the Job-Related Expenses Summary screen instead, click Add Another Occupation or edit the entry already there.
- Important: Answer No to both the home office question and the vehicle question.
- Type Job-seeking costs (or similar) in the Description field and enter the amount. Click Continue and proceed.