TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
24 people found this useful

What if I need a prior-year TurboTax Online return and I'm not using TurboTax Online this year?

If you need access to a prior-year return filed with TurboTax Online, but you're not using TurboTax Online this year, here are your options:

  • If you haven't already filed your 2016 tax return, file it in TurboTax Online Deluxe (or higher), or add PLUS in the Federal Free Edition.
    • This will give you access to all your prior-year TurboTax Online returns through October 31, 2018.  If you don't add PLUS, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed in tax year 2017, access to your 2016 return will end on the date of filing. 
  • Start a fake 2016 return in TurboTax Online by signing in with your prior-year login. Then add and pay for the PLUS upgrade, but don't actually file the return.