What if I need a prior-year TurboTax Online return and I'm not using TurboTax Online this year?
If you need access to a prior-year return filed with TurboTax Online, but you're not using TurboTax Online this year, here are your options:
- If you haven't already filed your 2018 tax return, file it in TurboTax Online Deluxe (or higher), or add PLUS in the Free Edition.
- This will give you access to all your prior-year TurboTax Online returns through October 31, 2020.
- Start a fake 2018 return in TurboTax Online by signing in with your prior-year login. Then add and pay for the PLUS upgrade, but don't actually file the return.
- This will give you access to your last seven years of TurboTax Online returns through October 31, 2020.
- Obtain a copy or official transcript of your return from the IRS.