TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
31 people found this useful

How can I retain access to my 2016 Federal Free Edition return without having to upgrade next year?

Simply save both a PDF copy and your tax data file to your computer or other storage device for safekeeping. Don't forget to also print out a hard copy for your files.

This puts you in control of your tax return data, but remember that with great power comes great responsibility. We suggest making duplicate copies of everything (PDF, data file, printouts) and store them separately in case the originals gets lost or corrupted. Last but not least, take steps to protect the soft copies of your tax return.

You can print a copy of your 2016  Federal Free Edition return any time through December 31, 2017. But any changes in your return have to be saved by October 16, 2017 after which 2016 TurboTax can no longer be edited.

GEN87743