If I did not reside in MA for the full year do I still need a 1099-HC for the portion I lived out of state to avoid the penalty?

If yes, is insurance carrier required to provide me a 1099-HC for the months I did not reside in Massachusetts?

Answer

1 person found this helpful

I'm assuming that you are filing a MA Form 1-PY/NR and as a part-year resident?

The insurance carrier need only show coverage for the period necessary as the part-year resident.  Note the period as defined below.

This is the instruction from MA DOR

What if I moved into or out of Massachusetts during the year?

If you moved into Massachusetts during the year, the health care mandate applies to you beginning on the first day of the third full month following the month you became a resident of Massachusetts. For example, if you moved into Massachusetts on May 14, the mandate applies on August 1. If you moved out of Massachusetts during the year, the health care mandate applies to you up until the last day of the last full month you were a resident. For example, if you moved out of Massachusetts on July 10, the mandate applies up to June 30.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
Scruffy_Curmudgeon , Firefighter/medic IAFF retired
SuperUser
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default