Does "enter the amount of 2014 state and local taxes paid" include the refund? Do I have to factor the refund into the "state taxes" before I enter that number?

I got a VT state refund.

Turbo tax is trying to figure out if I have to pay taxes on this.

I am on the page that says"Let's Look at Line 5 of Your 2014 TAx Return"

I am not sure what the question "Enter the amount of 2014 state and local taxes paid"  mean.  Is it the amount I paid before the refund or do I have to enter the amount that I effectivly paid factoring in the Vermont tax refund

Answer

Can you look at line 5 of your tax return?

If you did you would see it is the amount before refund, not after.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
Member

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default