How do I report last year's state/local refund without a 1099-G?
If you know last year's refund amount, here's how you can report it on this year's return:
- With your return open in TurboTax, search for 1099-G or 1099-g and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Important! Make sure to include the dash in your search, or you'll end up on the unemployment/paid family leave screen.
- On the Did you have any of these types of income? screen, answer Yes.
- On the next screen, select the first checkbox and click Continue.
- Answer Yes to Did you get a state or local refund last year?
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your state/locality, refund amount, and tax year.
Tip: If you transferred last year's return over, we'll automatically transfer this info over (assuming the tax file includes your state or locality return).