TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
25 people found this useful

How do I report last year's state/local refund without a 1099-G?

If you know last year's refund amount, here's how you can report it on this year's return: 

  1. With your return open in TurboTax, search for 1099-G or 1099-g and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
    • Important! Make sure to include the dash in your search, or you'll end up on the unemployment/paid family leave screen.
  2. On the Did you have any of these types of income? screen, answer Yes.
  3. On the next screen, select the first checkbox and click Continue.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a state or local refund last year?
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your state/locality, refund amount, and tax year.

Tip: If you transferred last year's return over, we'll automatically transfer this info over (assuming the tax file includes your state or locality return).