capital gains showing up in non-resident state

I Live in Rhode Island (RI) and work in Massachusetts (MA).  I also own a rental property in RI and do my own stock trading from home (RI).  I started my MA Non-resident return first and my rental income & capital gains/losses from stock trading both show up in my non-resident form.  I went through the process of excluding them from MA income, but when I got to RI, they don't show up.  I would think that I have to pay resident state taxes on income from that state.

Am I doing something wrong?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default