TurboTax for Windows Crashes with Error 19698274423
Some customers are experiencing TurboTax for Windows crashing with error 19698274423 when installing and launching TurboTax. This issue may be occurring due to a missing/corrupt directX component on your machine while installing TurboTax.
Please follow these steps to fix this issue:
Please apply all the Windows operating system's pending updates on your machine.
- Windows 8/8.1/10 - Steps to update Windows 8/8.1/10
- Windows 7 - Steps to update Windows 7
- Windows Vista - Steps to update Windows Vista
- Uninstall TurboTax and install the TurboTax application again
- Run TurboTax
- After the TurboTax installation.
- Go to My Computer
- Click on C:\ Local Drive
- Click Program Files (X86)
- Click TurboTax
- Click the folder of the version you purchased, (Ex. Basic 20xx, Deluxe 20xx, Premier 20xx, or Home and Business 20xx)
- Check whether or not the file "xinput9_1_0.dll" is available
- If the file is present please rename it to "_xinput9_1_0.dll" by right-clicking on the name and selecting rename
- Run TurboTax application
If the solutions above did not work please rename the "_xinput9_1_0.dll" back to "xinput9_1_0.dll" and call support.