Error 1719: Windows Installer service could not be accessed
Error 1719: Windows Installer service could not be accessed occurs when updating TurboTax.
If you're using Windows 10, try this solution:
- Right Click your taskbar and select “Task manager”
- Look for “Intuit update service” in the process tab and end process.
- Look for "MSIexec.exe" in the Details tab and end process.
- Try to install Turbotax 2016 again.
If you're using XP or Vista, download the Windows Installer.
If you're using Windows 7 or later (or downloading the Windows installer didn't work for XP/Vista), here are 3 more potential solutions:
Run the Windows System File Checker, then try updating again.
Re-register the Windows Installer: Click Start > Run > type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER > click OK (it'll look like nothing happened). Then do the same thing except this time type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER. Now try updating again.
Start the Windows Installer Service:
- Click Start > type Services.msc in the search box > press the Enter key.
- Scroll down and double-click Windows Installer.
- Select Manual as the Startup type.
- Click Start, then OK.
- Try updating again.