TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
149 people found this useful

How do I get credit for tax payments I made with my extension?

If you filed your extension through TurboTax, your tax payment should already be accounted for. Nevertheless, it's a great idea to review it for accuracy before you file your return.

  1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax, if it's not already open.
  2. With your return open, search for estimated tax payments (use this exact phrase) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Under the Payments with Extension topic, click the Start or Update button next to the payment you submitted with your type of federal, state, or local extension.