TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

Can I switch to a lower-priced version of TurboTax using the mobile app?

You can switch to a lower-priced version of TurboTax, but first you’ll need to close the mobile app and log into TurboTax in your mobile phone browser or computer browser.

(You may want to copy and paste the instructions below into a Word document, or write them down, since you'll be closing out of your mobile app, which will close this screen.)

Here's what to do:

1. Close your TurboTax Mobile App.
  2. Sign into TurboTax via your mobile browser or computer browser, and click the orange Take me to my return button.
  3. From the My Account dropdown menu in the upper right, select Clear & Start Over.
  4. Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
  5. After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.

If you're signed in under last year's login, we'll automatically transfer last year's info over if you select the PLUS upgrade, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed. Federal Free Edition (without PLUS) does not include the year-over-year transfer feature.

GEN87614