What's the difference between TurboTax Online and the TurboTax mobile app?
There are only a few differences between TurboTax online and the mobile app. The experience is almost identical. Each version of TurboTax in the app - Federal Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier and Self-Employed - supports the same forms the TurboTax Online versions support.
The key differences are listed below:
- Mobile App users can take pictures of their W-2 and the app will automatically pull the required data off of the form and into the return
- The TurboTax mobile app does not have a Print Center, Tools, or the ability to Clear & Start Over
New Features/functionality for the mobile app:
- Full tax forms/schedule support (same as TurboTax Online)
- Bi-directional. Start and stop across multiple devices and platforms
- Snap a picture of your W-2, as mentioned
- Native device functionality (swiping screen to screen)
- Supports iOS8 and Android 4.1
- Post filing efile reject flows
- No landscape mode
- Service code entry