TurboTax 2015 for Windows Crashed with error 19001989432
TurboTax for Windows crashes with error 19001989432. This error is caused when you don't have all the necessary Windows 8.1 updates on your machine.
If you are experiencing this issue, we have two solutions to fix this issue.
Apply all the pending updates on your Windows 8.1 machine. To update all the pending updates, follow the steps mentioned below.
Make sure your PC is connected to the internet. Don't disconnect, unplug, or turn off your PC while the updates are being installed.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC Settings. (If you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC Settings.)
- Tap or click Update and Recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check Now.
- If updates are found, tap or click View Details.
- Select all and update the system.
- Restart your machine and start using TurboTax.
- Click on the KB Links to be directed to Microsoft's web site to update Windows 8.1. KB3068708 - Update for Windows 8.1, KB3063843 - Update for Windows 8.1
- Click on the "Download" link in the web site
- Double-Click and install the downloaded files.
- Restart your machine.