TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
368 people found this useful

Instruction to "Double-click to link to home mortgage interest worksheet" doesn't work

Some TurboTax Online customers are unable to link their 1098 to the Mortgage Interest Worksheet by double-clicking as instructed in the Smart Review.

Workaround

1. In the upper right area of your screen, go to My Account >Tools.
    • If you're on a mobile device, you may need to sign in on a laptop or computer and reopen your return to see the My Account menu.
    • Still don't see it? Make sure your browser window is maximized by clicking the square in the extreme upper-right (between the __ and the X icons).
    • If you're still having problems, zoom out (reduce the font size) until the My Account menu appears.
  2. In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
  3. Click delete next to Form 1098.
  4. Now click delete next to Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet.
  5. Next, manually re-enter your 1098 form:
    • For your personal home, search for 1098 and then click the "Jump-to" link in the search results.
    • For rental or business property, re-enter the 1098 in the section where you entered your income and expenses.

SLN96837