TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
648 people found this useful

How do I enter a 1099-K in TurboTax Online?

You can enter the income reported on your Form 1099-K (along with any cash or checks you received) as self-employment income on Schedule C.

1. Open your return by logging in to TurboTax and select the blue Take me to my return button.
  2. Search for Schedule C and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Next:
    • If you’re entering info about your business for the first time you'll be asked some general questions about your business. After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Let's enter the income for (your type of business) work screen.
    • If you’re returning to Schedule C, select Edit next to your line of work answer any other screens until you reach the Let's enter the income for (your type of business) work screen.
  4. Select Other self-employed income
  5. On the Tell us about other self-employed income for your (type of business) work screen, enter your 1099-K information.
  6. Select Continue when finished.

If you are entering income from a 1099-K, remember that it reports the gross amount of the transactions. It doesn't include any adjustments for credits, refunds, discounts, or fees. You’ll have a chance to enter self-employment expenses in another part of your return.

GEN87543
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L3D9hqZzr_US_en_US