Can I transfer my 2015 TurboTax return from my computer to TurboTax Online?
You can transfer last year's tax data file (not the PDF) if you're preparing your 2016 return in TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed.
Note: If you already started a return in TurboTax Online, transferring will clear any info you have already entered. Please keep in mind, a .tax file from a previous year will not transfer if the file is password protected.
- Sign in to TurboTax Online and start a new return (or continue a return you already started).
- Make sure you've gone past the blue "simple and accurate" screen before continuing to the next step.
- Select Tools from the My Account drop-down menu in the upper right corner.
- In the pop-up window, select Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your file.