Health Insurance:Federal Review Shows Error That 1095-A Must Be Included When Taxpayer Is A Dependent
Federal Review may show an error for the Health Entry Sheet or the 1095-A if your status is changed to being claimed as a dependent on another person's return after going through the Health Insurance section.
If you're seeing this error, you can resolve it by following the steps below:
- Click on the Personal Info section at the top
- Next to your name click Edit
- In section three, under Someone else can claim me on their tax return select No
- Click on the Federal Taxes section at the top (Personal in Home & Business)
- Then click on the Health Insurance section
- Select I had health insurance coverage all year and Continue
- Select No, when asked if you were enrolled in a plan through the marketplace and Continue. This will delete the unwanted 1095-A.
- Return to Personal Info and set your status back to a dependent claimed on another person's return