TurboTax for Windows Installation Errors on Windows 10
Some customers are experiencing various windows installer errors while installing TurboTax for Windows 2015 on Windows 10.
Many windows installer errors can be fixed by making sure that all Windows Updates are installed. To check for updates on Windows 10:
- Click Start
- Click Settings
- Scroll down the page and click Privacy and Security
- Click Windows Updates
- If any updates are available select Install now.
Note: You may have to reboot your computer and check for updates multiple times while installing Windows Updates. Continue to follow the steps above until your computer is up-to-date.
The following Installation Errors are the most common errors our customers are currently experiencing while installing TurboTax 2015 on Windows 10:
- SLN97221 - Error 1719 - Windows Installer Service could not be accessed
- SLN97222 - Error 65535 - Unexpected Error
- SLN97232 - Msi.Wrapper error while installing TurboTax for Windows
- SLN12406 - TurboTax Installation Hangs at x%
- SLN12216 - .Net Framework errors
- SLN12242 - Error 1625: "This installation is forbidden by system policy"
- SLN12237 - Error 1603: "A fatal error occurred during installation or updating"
- SLN47854 - Error 209
Please click on the links for more information on these errors as well as solutions to try. If you are still experiencing issues with installing TurboTax 2015 please call support.