Transferring H&R Block and TaxACT Information into TurboTax Desktop for Mac
The TurboTax Mac 2016 CD/Download product supports transferring of tax files from H&R Block at Home and TaxACT.
The file must be a PDF. TurboTax Mac CD/Download won’t accept tax data files such as .t15 from H&R Block, or .ta5 from TaxACT.
As you begin to work on your 2016 return, you’ll have a chance to locate last year’s tax file on your computer and transfer it.
What Information Transfers Over?
- Social Security Numbers(s)
- Employer Information
- Other basic personal information
- Open TurboTax 2016.
- Select Start a New Return.
- In the Browse for Your Return section, click Browse.
- Search and select your PDF file, then click Open.
- Your information will transfer into TurboTax.
- After the transfer is complete, check the screen for any special instructions. If none click Continue.
- Now save your new tax file to ensure you don't lose any info and continue to follow the on-screen instructions.