Looping Password While Attempting to Transfer Encrypted .tax File from TurboTax for Mac 2014 to 2015
Some customers are experiencing an issue where they are repeatedly asked for their password, or receive a blank password screen, when transferring their password protected .tax2014 file to TurboTax for Mac 2015.
If you are experiencing this issue please complete the following;
- Open the encrypted .tax2014 file in TurboTax for Mac 2014
- Enter your password used to encrypt the file
- Click File and choose Duplicate
- Save the Duplicated tax file to a location on your computer making sure you check "Save without Encryption"
- Open TurboTax for Mac 2015 and select the newly saved unencrypted .tax2014 file to transfer.