Transferring H&R Block and TaxACT Information into TurboTax Desktop 2016 for Windows
The TurboTax Windows 2016 CD/Download product supports transferring of files from H&R Block at Home (.t15 and PDF) and TaxACT (.ta5 and PDF).
As you begin to work on your 2016 return, you’ll have a chance to locate last year’s tax file on your computer and transfer.
What Information Transfers Over?
Transferring a Tax File (.t15 or .ta5) brings over more information than transferring a PDF, as follows:
Tax File Transfer (.t15 file from H&R Block Home, or .ta file from TaxACT)
We currently transfer over 100 fields that can help you get ahead on your tax return. This includes:
- Personal Information:
- Social Security Number(s)
- Employer Information
- Other basic personal information
- Information contained in prior year returns that will affect the tax accuracy of the current year return:
- Capital losses
- Disallowed deductions
- Credits carried over to subsequent years
- Schedule TurboTax information
Please be aware, we do not transfer information that requires complex calculations such as depreciation.
Transferring a PDF will pull over Personal Information only (see above).