TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
672 people found this useful

How do I show I had health insurance on my 2017 tax return?

To show you had health insurance coverage for 2017, choose Federal Taxes then select the Health Insurance tab and follow the prompts.

If you purchased health coverage through Healthcare.gov or a state Marketplace, you’ll receive a 1095-A form. We’ll ask you to enter the info from your 1095-A in the Health Insurance section so we can calculate your Premium Tax Credit.

If your health insurance coverage wasn't purchased through the Marketplace, you'll get a 1095-B or 1095-C form. You won’t need to enter this form—the Premium Tax Credit is only available for Marketplace plans. Just answer the questions in the Health Insurance section and keep the 1095-B or 1095-C for your records.

Follow this link to find out what counts as health insurance, or call your health insurance provider and ask if your plan is recognized as minimum essential coverage.

GEN87310