TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
11 people found this useful

Where do I enter the home office deduction for my farm?

You'll enter them in Other Miscellaneous Expenses (under Farm Expenses).

To calculate the deduction, use either:

  • Page 25 from IRS Publication 587 (Worksheet to Figure the Deduction for Business Use of Your Home) if you want to deduct actual expenses related to your home office; or
  • Pages 27 and 28 from¬†IRS Publication 587¬†(Simplified Method Worksheet) for a fixed deduction of $5 per square foot for up to 300 square feet.

When you get to the Your Farming Income and Expenses screen, scroll down to Farm Expenses and select Other miscellaneous expenses.

On the Any Miscellaneous Expenses screen, type Business use of home in a blank description field. Then enter the allowable expenses for the business use of your home from line 33 on your worksheet (or line 5 if you used the simplified worksheet).