TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

2014 Idaho: Certain Business Expenses

The federal individual tax return allows a deduction for certain business expenses for armed forces reservists, qualifying performing artists, and fee basis government officials (Form 1040, line 24.) Idaho also allows this deduction.

Certain taxpayers, who had this deduction on their federal tax return and filed a Part-Year/Nonresident Idaho tax return, may need to file an amended Idaho tax return.

TurboTax has fixed this issue.

How to tell if you may be impacted

You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Idaho Part-Year /Nonresident state return prior to February 10, 2015 AND
  • You had an amount on federal Form 1040, Page 1, Line 24.

If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Idaho state tax return.

To amend your return:

  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
  • Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
  • After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
  • Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.

If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Idaho: Certain Business Expenses.