TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
44 people found this useful

Where do I enter farm rental income?

Farm rental income is entered in the "Business" section as opposed to the more logical "Rental Properties and Royalties" section of TurboTax.

Deluxe or Premier versions:

  1. Click Federal Taxes, then Wages & Income.
  2. Proceed to the Your Income Summary screen and look for Farm Income and Farm Rental (under the Business Items topic heading).
  3. Click Start or Update to proceed.

Home & Business:

  1. Click the Business tab and proceed to the Let's gather your business info screen.
  2. Scroll down and look for Farm Rental Income and Expenses (under the Farm Income and Expenses topic heading).
  3. Click Start or Update to proceed.