2014 Federal 1040: Medicaid Gap State – Michigan
Taxpayers, who did not have healthcare for 2014 may not have to pay a penalty if their state is considered a Medicaid Gap state. Michigan was a Medicaid Gap State for 2014.
Certain Michigan customers, who didn’t have health insurance for 2014, may have an incorrect federal tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your Federal return prior to February 24, 2015 AND
- You lived in Michigan in 2014 AND
- You didn’t have health insurance in 2014 AND
- You had an amount on Form 1040, Page 1, Line 61 (1040A, Line 38 or 1040EZ, Line 11)
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your federal income tax and you may need to amend your Federal return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Federal 1040: Medicaid Gap State - Michigan