2014 Missouri: Self-Employment Tax Deduction
Missouri taxpayers can include the federal additional Medicare tax on their self-employment income with their Missouri itemized deductions.
Certain taxpayers, who had additional Medicare tax on their self-employment income, may have an incorrect Missouri tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your federal tax return prior to June 4, 2015 AND
- Your federal return included an amount on Form 8959 (Additional Medicare Tax), line 13 AND
- There is an amount on your Missouri Form MO-A, line 7 (2014 Self-employment tax).
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Missouri tax return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Missouri: Self-Employment Tax Deduction.