2014 Missouri: Federal Tax Deduction
Missouri allows a deduction for federal taxes paid on federal Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ.
Certain Missouri taxpayers, who paid federal taxes and also had a certain Affordable Care Act penalty, payment, or credit on their federal return, may have filed an incorrect state tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed a Missouri tax return prior to January 30, 2015 AND
- You had an amount
- On Form 1040, line 46 and/or line 69 or
- On Form 1040A, line 38 and/or line 45 or
- On Form1040EZ, Line 11
If you are affected, you may have underpaid or overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Missouri return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Missouri: Federal Tax Deduction.