2014 Missouri: Health Insurance Premiums
Missouri taxpayers can deduct health insurance premiums paid in 2014.
Certain taxpayers, who had medical premiums reported on a 1095-A, may have filed an incorrect Missouri tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Missouri tax return prior to May 15, 2015 AND
- You received 1095-A reflecting insurance premiums paid through Healthcare.gov or your state Marketplace AND
- You entered those premiums on your federal tax return AND
- Those premiums are not included on Missouri Qualified Health Insurance Premiums, line 6.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Missouri return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Missouri: Health Insurance Premiums.