2014 Pennsylvania: Dividend Income and Capital Gain Distributions
When a taxpayer files a nonresident or part-year Pennsylvania tax return, some or all of their dividend income and/or capital gain distributions may not be taxable in Pennsylvania.
Certain taxpayers, who had dividend income and/or capital gains distributions on their federal returns, may have in incorrect Pennsylvania tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Pennsylvania state tax return prior to May 8, 2015 AND
- Your federal tax return included dividend income and/or capital gains distributions AND
- Some or all of this income was included on your Pennsylvania form PA-40, line 3.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Pennsylvania return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Pennsylvania: Dividend Income and Capital Gain Distributions.