2014 Maryland: Minimum Filing Requirements
Taxpayers, who are not residents of Maryland and have income from sources within Maryland, may not have to file a Maryland tax return based on minimum filing requirements.
Certain Maryland nonresident taxpayers, who electronically filed their tax return and met the minimum filing requirements, may have filed an incorrect nonresident Maryland return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Maryland nonresident state tax return prior to May 1, 2015 AND
- Your filing status on your Maryland tax return is dependent taxpayer AND
- You have a tax amount on Maryland Form MD505, Line 38, Maryland tax after credits
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your 2014 Maryland Nonresident state tax return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Maryland: Minimum Filing Requirements.