2014 Ohio: Joint Filing Credit
If you are a married couple filing a joint Ohio income tax return, you may qualify for a joint filing credit. Taxpayers may claim a credit on the portion of Ohio adjusted gross income that was not earned and received in Ohio.
Certain taxpayers, who filed married filing joint in Ohio and had nonresident wages, may have filed an incorrect Ohio tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Ohio state tax return prior to March 19, 2015 AND
- You filed Married Filing Joint AND
- One taxpayer had wages from sources outside of Ohio.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid or underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your Ohio return.
To amend your return:
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax Online product.
- Follow these amend instructions for the TurboTax CD Download product.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the 2014 Ohio: Joint Filing Credit.